2009-05-11

In-between conversations

s: As we try to tell the story about that market, where the naturally colored products are dancing feverishly, we tried to catch the specific character, singularity. That was a topic of conversation for us throughout all of the time that we were working on the various projects which were joined together. A question I would like to bring up now while we are reflecting on our project is why we paid so much attention to the character of the market.



p: I also thought of the individuality of the market in that way. That is the most important part that preserves a person's identity. That is why it was important to talk about the differences rather than talking about something as a whole. It is the relationships that were important.



s: That is something that can be absorbed by my very cells without speaking words of agreement. It's like something that I saw in a friend's project. It's as though my body was run through the laundry machine and the different colors were drained into bottles. The word preserve also seems very important from this point of view.

p: That specific character is something that can be applied to another person, because it is something deeply connected to my self at the same time. The self is something very important to everyone. The self stands out even more because it is different from other people's selves. And it can also be seen as something that is engaged with identity.


s: Yes, I already know that that identity is not my fixed self or my natural self. Otherwise, I would not have realized that my gaze upon the other can be a kind of violence against the other. I could stereotype others and make conclusions based on my own interpretations. And these actions can form my own identity.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기